Versatile Power announces the first fully internally programmable power supplies. In addition to our standard LXI compatible USB and Ethernet, and our analog inputs, the Versatile Power Bench XR and Rack XR series power supplies now have the ability to store up to 10 application specific test programs each with hundreds of steps. This new capability removes the need for an external controller for simulation tasks, battery chargers, burn-in systems, solar cell simulation, or any other situation where a programmable source is needed.
Hundreds of program steps are allowed in each of up to ten programs. This ability allows the user to create simple or very complex algorithms using the power supply. Programs are written using a standard text editor on any computer and then are uploaded to non-volatile memory in the power supply. Once the programs are loaded the can be executed from the front panel or by using any one of the remote interfaces. No external computer is required to run the programs.
The format and syntax of the programming language is extremely easy to use and does not require advanced programming skills. The programming language most closely resembles BASIC. A full suite of commands is supplied including IF, THEN, ELSE statements, FOR, NEXT loops, assignments of data read from the power supply to variables and many others.
Typical test environments would be:
- Battery charging.
- Simulate the characteristics of another power source, for example to simulate car battery.
- Simulating a solar cell array.
- Semiconductor burn in profiles.
Advantages of running programs on the power supply vs external computors:
- No advanced programming skills are required. Focus on the power source.
- The programs are very fast to create and easy to understand. If you understand the functions and parameters of the power source, you will be able to write the program.
- The programs are executed by the power source itself. There is no additional external PC controller required to run the script.
- To create a program you just need a PC with any text editor
- Scripts can easily be distributed to multiple test stations.
- Multiple scripts can be stored on a single power supply increasing its utility. Simply select the script you have prepared on the front panel of the device.
There are a few power supplies that offer simple scripting capability but there are no others that allow creation of variables, branching, conditionals and all the other capabilities of a full programming language.
The BENCH XR Series is a direct result of Versatile Power’s continuing development of extremely compact, digital, and low-cost programmable power supplies capable of high output voltages.
All BENCH Series power supplies are available for purchase from select distributors, representatives and through the Versatile Power Website: www.versatilepower.com.
Versatile Power, Inc., established in 2002, is a privately-owned company located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The Company offers both commercial programmable power supplies as well as custom electronic subsystems. For original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Versatile Power specializes in custom design and manufacturing of advanced power products and subsystems for use in RF, DC, ultrasonics and laser applications. Certified to ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 13485-2003, Versatile Power has a long history of satisfying the requirements for medical surgical equipment, electronics for dental procedures, semiconductor equipment, forensic light sources and wide range of commercial applications. For additional information contact: Versatile Power, Inc., 743 Camden Avenue, Campbell, California 95008 U.S.A., Phone: +1-408-341-4604, Fax: +1-408-341-4601, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.versatilepower.com